Five Bad Habits That Are Actually Good For You
According to medical research, believe it or not, your mother was wrong about a lot. Here are five bad habits that, as it turns out, are actually good for you.
1) Biting your nails helps expose your body to new germs, but in very small numbers. That allows your immune system make antibodies to fight them without the risk of you getting sick. By the way, picking your nose and eating it does the same thing.
2) Burping protects your body from damage caused by stomach acid. If you leave the gas inside, it can loosen the muscle that separates your stomach from your esophagus, and allow stomach acid to splash out and cause heartburn.
3) Passing gas prevents you from having a buildup of gas in your intestines. And that can cause damage, or at least a lot of pain.
4) Eating in bed can help you digest your food better. Stress causes your body to interrupt digestion. If you’re relaxed and horizontal, your body breaks everything down completely.
5) Spitting helps your breathing, especially when you exercise. When you exercise, you breathe through your mouth, which causes inflammation in your throat. So spitting helps to clear your breathing passages.
So now you can bite your fingernails and toenails, eat boogers, and fart to your heart’s content. If anyone gives you a weird look or says anything, just tell ’em that you’re taking care of yourself and staying healthy! -Sorry, mom!