Residents Evacuated After Fire At Burton Place Apartments
A fire in a ninth floor apartment last night at Burton Place Apartments (South Center Road), caused the building to evacuate and put two firefighters in the hospital for heat exhaustion.
Reports indicate those evacuated were all senior citizens. Residents from the sixth floor down are able to return home. Floors nine and ten are still dealing with power issues, along with smoke and water issues. The fire is under investigation. To watch a video with additional information, click here.