I’m Running Away to Join the Cat Circus, Which is a Real Thing
I'm leaving the daily grind behind and joining the cat circus right meow!
This is exactly why I love the Internet so much. You can find everything! One of my friends on Facebook shared this posting she found on Craigslist for a Tour Assistant and I was floored. It wasn't for a band or a comedian, it was for Samantha Martin and the Acro-Cats. Be still my heart! I'm in! How about you? Here are the requirements:
Has your dream always been to run away with a cat circus? Then here's the job for you! Samantha Martin and the Acro-Cats are looking for a tour assistant to travel cross-country with a troupe of trained cats (plus a groundhog, a chicken and a few rats) as they purr-form at venues in cities across the United States.
1. Animal care experience - Daily, weekly and monthly cat care duties - including but not limited to general and advanced cleaning and care/welfare of animals and their living environment.
2. Out-going personality, a keen sense of humor, the ability to roll with the punches, a flexible schedule, a high comfort level engaging with crowds of cat lovers, open to new experiences, lots of fun and craziness. We travel in a tour bus and share RV/hotel rooms.
3. Physically fit - able to lift and transport up to 50 lbs of show props and animal carriers from tour bus to stage and back.
4. Theater experience a plus - purr-form front and back of house duties, stage management, operate the light and sound, and help on stage with animals and prop placement.
5. Work with volunteers - wrangle and train volunteers who help with the shows.
Pay varies by show and includes per diem. No cat allergies. MUST LOVE CATS!
Serious applicants only. This job is a LOT of work and time on the road, but also the opportunity of a lifetime.