What Will Your ‘When I Was Your Age…’ Story Be In 50 Years?
A recent conversation on Reddit asked what your favorite “Back in my day…” story was, and some of the answers were down right hilarious, yet painfully true. And these aren’t the “I had to walk to school uphill, both ways, in the snow… and I liked it.” kind of stories that my late grandfather used to tell us.
Check out the five best, but we want you to add to our list! Give us your story in the comments section below.
1. When I was your age, we had to use dial-up Internet. It was ridiculously slow, you got charged by the minute, and you lost your connection if someone picked up a phone in the house. Not to mention that loud, obnoxious screeching noise it made while it was connecting.
2. When I was your age, when we wanted to watch a movie, we had to drive to the video store to rent it. If they only had one copy and it was checked out, we had to settle for something else. And then, when we were done, we had to rewind it so we wouldn’t get charged extra. Do you even know what a VCR or VHS is?
3. When I was your age, if you wanted to talk to a girl, you had to call her house and talk to her parents first… that’s assuming the line wasn’t busy. We didn’t have call waiting.
4. When I was your age, if a kid was picking on you at school, your dad told you to go back the next day and punch him in the face, not file a lawsuit against him or tell the teacher.
5. When I was your age, if we needed directions, we had to look them up on a map before we left the house. There was no such thing as a GPS. If we got lost, we had to find a gas station where we could ask for directions… and those directions were probably not very good.
What can you add to our list? Chime in below in the comments section.