An Angel Lily Christmas On US 103
It's an Angel Lily Christmas on US 103.
The thought of any child and or teenager going without this holiday season is heartbreaking. We have teamed up with a Lapeer County charity - Justice for Lily to help out kids and teens in the foster care system in Lapeer, Genesee, and Wayne Counties.
An Angel Lily Christmas was started in memory of a Lapeer County girl Lily Lynette after she was murdered and severely sexually abused on November 20, 2010. Lily's mother has turned this nightmare into an opportunity to help others in Lily's name.
The mission is to help abused or neglected children. At Christmas time Justice for Lily receives a list of foster children from DHS. The state of Michigan gives each foster parent approximately $25.00 per child to buy Christmas gifts. Most of the time these children have been taken from their homes with just the clothes on their backs. Their lives have been far from easy. We want to show them that they matter and that there are people who care about them.
Thanks to some awesome local businesses, we have set up donation boxes throughout Lapeer County. We are looking to collect the following new items,
- Board Games
- Snow Pants
- Duffle Bags/Backpacks
You can drop off your donations at the following locations,
- Krave Restaurant on Genesse Street in Lapeer
- Vier’s Auto Sales located on M-24 Lapeer north of Lapeer
- Michigan Agricultural Commodities on Maple Valley Road in Brown City. (Donations to be made at Brown City location only).
- Maude’s Alabama Barbecue on M-24 and Daley Roads in Lapeer
- Massage Green Spa on East Neppesing Street in Lapeer
- Lapeer Area Sports & Entertainment Rink (LASER) on North Lapeer Road in Lapeer
- Steveo's Bar & Grill on South Cedar Street in Imlay City
- D&L Auto Detailing and Ceramic Pro Tri-County Auto Spa on South State Street in Otisville.
We thank you in advance for your donation. Here is to making this a great Christmas for area kids and teens.