Flint Farmers Market Welcomes Customers Back Inside Today
It is hard to keep track of what businesses are open, when businesses will be opening, not to mention keeping track of new protocols that are being put into place. At the end of May I wrote about the Flint Farmers Market semi reopening with guidelines. The trial was a success, and the Market is ready to welcome customers back inside.
The Flint Farmers Market hours as of today, Tuesday, June 8th are as follow,
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (will extend to 5:00 PM in July)
- Saturdays 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
As I mentioned, there are regulations to keep customers safe, they are as follow,
- Customers will be asked to wear a mask or face covering upon entering the market to shop. Grocery workers are among the highest risk category for exposure to Covid – 19, therefore the market is taking all reasonable precautions to protect market workers.
- Customers will be allowed in the market through one door and will exit through another designated door, so that management can keep track of the number of people inside the market at any given time.
- All vendors will be wearing masks and gloves as required by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Genesee County Health Department.
- Vendors will follow all rules set forth for safe food preparation and handling. Some vendors will also have plexiglass shields on counters.
- Samples will not be allowed.
- There will be limited public seating available.
- All restrooms will be closed for 5 minutes at the top of each hour so that market cleaning staff can sanitize the area.
- Customers will find Purell touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the market as well as Clorox Wipe dispensers so that they can clean their hands or wipe off product as needed while shopping.
If you are not comfortable going inside, you can still order online for curbside pick up. Sounds like a win win all the way around. For a complete list of restaurant vendors, click here. Keep in mind, you can also pick up produce and baked good to go too.
I look forward to seeing you soon at the Market.