Flint Gun and Knife Show This Weekend
A scheduled event, that is actually happening - weird. Dort Federal Event Center will be hosting the annual Flint Gun & Knife Show presented Sport Shows Promotions this weekend. Dates and hours are as follow,
- Saturday, February 27th 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday, February 28th 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Precautions in place for the event include the following,
- Masks required, must cover mouth and nose (mandatory)
- Temperature checks
- Social distancing (6 feet)
- Limited number of staff and customers
- Following aisle directions
- Sanitation stations available
- All attendees must sign a waiver
If any or all of the above precautions anger you, the solution is easy - don't go. According to the event website, all federal, state and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed. Private collectors are welcome. Hand gun buyers are instructed to have pistol permits ready. NCIS and FBI background checks are required on long gun sales and Michigan CPL holders, with CPL's dated before November 22, 2005. I have no idea what any of that means, but if you are educated about guns and gun ownership, I am sure you do.
Admission prices are as follow,
- General: $7.00
- Children 12 & under: Free (No one under 18 years of age will be admitted without a guardian)
- Active Military and Senior Citizens: $1.00 off
- All patrons can take advantage of a dollar off coupon here.
From all accounts there will be 450 vendors on hand, so it sounds like there will be plenty to see. If you cannot make the show this weekend, there is a show scheduled in Birch Run on March 13th and March 14th, 2021.