Michigan Company First to Begin Freeze-Drying Cannabis
A Michigan-based company has been awarded a patent for their process of freeze-drying cannabis plants.
Pure Green has several retail locations around Michigan including in Detroit, Lansing and Kalamazoo. Their mission statement says, "We are a team of chemists, engineers, patients, and quality assurance experts - dedicated to changing peoples' lives through access to pharmaceutically precise, targeted, effective medical cannabis."
Pure Green lists several advantages to freeze-drying cannabis:
- It eliminates the need to dry cannabis after harvest which can take up to two weeks. Freeze-drying can be done in 12 hours.
- Reduces storage and improves shipping.
- Can eliminate microbiological contamination without chemicals.
- Releases molecules in greater concentrations improving efficiency.
- Low-temperature drying preserves quality and aroma.
The process could improve the bottom line for a new and expanding industry. Expect more innovations to come as sales and competition increase.