MSU Football’s Favorite East Lansing Restaurant Will Surprise You
I was on TikTok when I saw that one of my girlfriends had sent me one. When I was about to hit play, I was super curious, because right off the bat, before I even played the video, I saw that it came from Michigan State University Football's TikTok, and she's a diehard Michigan fan.
Surprised and intrigued, I watched the video.
Michigan State University Football's Favorite East Lansing Restaurants
It turns out, it was a video about the football team's favorite East Lansing restaurants. She wanted to know what I thought about their choices of favorite restaurants. And being a foodie that's lived in Lansing for over 10 years, she figured I would know the skinny on what they recommended.
This is what I found out;
Before we get to the number one restaurant that the Michigan State Football team loves, we'll give a shout-out to the honorable mentions (the restaurants that got mentioned at least once during the video).
- Crunchy's - Totally agree there, great burgers and pizza.
- Dagwood's - Technically in Lansing, but it's right there on the cusp, so we'll give it to them. Fantastic burgers, fries, and prices.
- No Thai - Don't let the name fool you...yes, they make and sell Thai food, and it's absolutely delicious. Some of the best crab rangoon around, in my opinion.
- Pizza House - They've got some yummy pasta and pizza options.
- Art's Pub - Again, this restaurant is in Lansing, but not too far away from East Lansing. And they have amazing wings, breakfast, and pizza. What other restaurant can you find a combination like that?
- Someone's mom's house - Sorry bro, doesn't count.
- Subway - At least you can have it your way.
And finally, the best restaurant in East Lansing according to the MSU Football team, is...
Eastside Fish Fry!
I think what makes this even more surprising, and a little funny is that (again) this restaurant is in Lansing, not East Lansing. However, it's close enough...
Multiple members of the football team declared Eastside Fish Fry the clear winner, with one person specifically mentioning their "crack" seasoned chicken, which is absolutely delicious by the way. I don't know what's in it, but it's tasty.
And it's tasty enough for Guy Fieri, too. Eastside Fish Fry is one of a few Lansing restaurants that has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network, so they're doing something right. If you've never tried them before, maybe give them a chance. They're on Kalamazoo Street in Lansing, just west of 127.
Check out the TikTok video below.