West Michigan Sight-In Days for 2022 Firearm Deer Season
Firearm deer season kicks off on November 15th and local gun clubs across West Michigan are opening their doors to the public for 'sight-in' days.
What is a sight-in day?
Sight-in days are traditionally when private gun clubs and ranges open to the public so that hunters can sight in their firearms before deer season begins. When you sight in a rifle you set up your scope to hit a bullseye at your desired length.
Why should I attend a sight-in day in West Michigan?
Nearly every club and range that holds these events has spotters to help you find your bullseye. While it is possible to sight-in your weapon alone, having a spotter with a rangefinder not only makes the process easier, but much quicker. Some clubs even have gunsmiths on hand to help you make adjustments if needed.
Where are sight-in days in West Michigan for 2022?
The following clubs have sight-in opportunities for you in 2022:
- South Kent Sportsman's Club in Dorr
- November 5th & 6th from 9am-4pm
- Cost: No cost, but donations are accepted
- Info: Everyone is welcome including the public. There will be volunteers on hand to spot and to help you get that favorite rifle, handgun, or shotgun ready for this year's hunting. The range offers 50, 100, 150, and 200-yard target distances. The club furnishes target stands and targets. Please bring all guns to the line in a closed case.
- North Ottawa Rod & Gun Club in Grand Haven
- October 29th & 30th, November 5th & 6th, and November 12th & 13th from 10am – 2pm
- Cost: $10 for Members and $25 Member-for-a-day – includes target
- Info: New benches and rests, everyone is welcome.
- Rockford Sportsmans Club in Rockford
- November 5th & 6th and November 12th and 13th from 10a-3pm
- Cost: $5 Donation per gun
- Info: Volunteers on hand as spotters. The range offers 25, 50, 100, and 200-yard target distances. The club furnishes target stands and targets.
- Red Flannel Rod & Gun Club in Cedar Springs
- November 5th & November 12th from 9am-3pm
- Cost: Donations Welcome
- Info: Volunteers on site to help you get your rifle sighted in for the upcoming firearm deer season.
Check out these pics of Michigan hunting history.
Animals You Can Hunt All Year in Michigan