3 Michigan Bars Ranked Among ‘Best Brew Pubs in America’
When it comes to craft beer, Michigan knows what's up. Often ranked among the "best beer states" in the U.S., there are three Mitten State breweries getting national recognition in a new poll.
Three Michigan Bars Compete in USA Today's 'Best Brew Pub in America' Poll
USA Today and 10Best ask in a new poll, "What's better than a craft brewery?"
Well, one that also has a bar on-site where guests can enjoy their tasty craft brews and a bite to eat!
Three Michigan brewpubs are among the 20 bars chosen by a panel of experts, and now it's up to a public vote!
- 820 Monroe Ave. NW, #155, Grand Rapids, MI, 49503
- City Built says, "We believe beer brings people together and that craft brewing is for EVERYONE. Enjoy a full selection of craft beer, mead, cider, wine, seltzer and a food menu inspired by our Puerto Rican heritage."
- Check out the beer menu here and the food menu here.
Here's USA Today's praise for City Built Brewing.
The people behind City Built Brewing believe that beer can bring people together. Especially when the beer list has something for everyone – everything from Mexican lagers and Czech pilsners to sours and pastry stouts. The food menu features Puerto Rican flavors with options like tostones, chicken chili, tacos and yuca fries.
Vote for City Built here.
- 2321 Jackson Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Homes Brewery says, "We obsess, explore and tinker in search of better. We find meaning in the relationships, experiences and inspirations that make beer great."
- Check out the menu here.
Here's USA Today's praise for Homes Brewery.
HOMES Brewery opened for business in spring of 2017 with a focus on balanced hoppy beers and a variety of sours. Beer lovers can sample HOMES beers in the Ann Arbor brewpub or in limited release cans. Hungry beer lovers will find a menu of Korean and Thai-infused pub grub, like bulgogi fries, Korean barbecue wings and green coconut curry burritos.
Vote for Homes here.
- 117 S Ann Arbor St, Saline, MI 48176
- Salt Springs offers handcrafted and locally sourced food, true-to-style craft beer, cider, wine, and spirits. It's located in 121 year old former church in the heart of Saline featuring expansive panels of stained glass panels inside and an outdoor Biergarten.
- Check out the menu here.
Here's USA Today's praise for Salt Springs Brewery,
Salt Springs occupies a 122-year-old former church near a natural salt springs that has been sustaining communities for centuries. Diners will find a menu of ales, wine and cider, with beers made from locally malted grains and Michigan hops. The food menu focuses on seasonal, local ingredients.
Vote for Salt Spring Brewery here.
You can vote once per day for your favorite until voting ends on Monday, October 24 at noon. The Top Ten winners will be announced on Friday, November 4.
More Beer-Related Honors For The Mitten State
The three above aren't the only Michigan establishments to make it into the USA Today and 10Best readers polls.
HopCat is also in the running for Best Beer Bar in the U.S.
- 25 Ionia Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- HopCat says, "We are a beer bar at the core of our existence. At each HopCat location, we hone in on what it means to be local. We are fully integrated into our communities and strive to show off our local breweries."
- Check out the beer menuhere and the food menu here.
Vote for HopCat here.
Also, as in years past, Grand Rapids is in the running for Best Best Beer City in America.
Grand Rapids won the top spot last year. Will GR retain the the title of "Beer City USA"? You can vote here!