Bass Pro Shops $1M Tournament Has Qualifying Event in Detroit
Bass Pro Shops has announced a $1 million amateur tournament.
The Bass Pro Shops U.S. Open National Bass Fishing Amateur Team Championships has been announced with over $4.2 million in cash and prizes. One ultimate national championship team will walk away with $1 million.
This tournament is for amateurs only and an amateur is someone who:
- Has not competed as a boater/pro in a MLF Major or BASS Elite Series event in the last two years.
- Anglers who have not paid an entry fee greater than $2,500.
- Anglers that do not have lifetime earning greater than $100,000.
To participate, amateurs must own their own boat from any of the following brands: Tracker, Ranger, Nitro, Triton, Sun Tracker, Tahoe, or MAKO. The tournament will include two-person teams and the entry fee is $450 per person or $250 for youth aged 12 to 17. Each team member will receive a US Open gift bag valued at $150.
Eight qualifying events will take place between March 2021 and November 2021 and each event will feature a lottery-style drawing to see which teams will compete. The qualifying events are as follows:
- March 13th, 2021 - Lake Okeechobee, Florida
- April 17th, 2021 - Lake Ray Roberts in Dallas, Texas
- April 24th, 2021 - Lake Mead, Nevada
- July 17th, 2021 - Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
- August 21st, 2021 - Lake St. Clair in Detroit, Michigan
- September 11th, 2021 - Old Hickory Lake in Nashville, Tennessee
- October 16th, 2021 - Grand Lake 'O the Cherokees in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- November 17th, 2021 - Bull Shoals Lake, Arkansas
The grand championship of the tournament will take place at Table Rock Lake in Missouri on November 19th, 2021.
To see all the details, click here.
Source: Mid-Michigan Now