The Michigan Renaissance Festival in Holly Opens for 2022 on August 20th
The Michigan Renaissance Festival in Holly, Michigan returns in August 2022.
Hear ye, hear ye, the Michigan Renaissance Festival will once again open the main gates coming up in August of 2022. This year's Michigan Ren Fest will be open on Saturdays and Sundays with an opening weekend happening on August 20th and 21st. The gates will be open every weekend through October 2nd, 2022.
2022 Michigan Renaissance Festival Themed Weekends
The themed weekends for this year's Michigan Ren Fest are as follows:
- Pirates & Pups
- August 20th and 21st
- Dress as a pirate and bring your pups. The Pirates & Pups weekend will showcase pup rescue groups, pup training demos, and contests.
- Highland Fling
- August 27th and 28th
- The Highland Games will feature an eight-event series, a Men in Kilts contest, and more.
- Viking Invasion
- September 3rd, 4th, and 5th
- The Viking Invasion weekend will feature tattoo contests, beard and mustache contests, and more.
- Wonders of the World
- September 10th and 11th
- Stop by to check out the world market and entertainment from around the world. There will also be a Michigan State Belly Dance Competition. Guests are also encouraged to show off their steampunk attire.
- Shamrocks & Shenanigans
- September 17th and 18th
- Enjoy traditional Irish food, music, dancing, and more.
- Harvest Huzzah
- September 24th and 25th
- Visit the Valley of Aberdare for a BBQ competition, compete in the archery competition, and more. It is also Deaf Awareness Weekend.
- Festival Friday
- September 30th
- This is the only non-holiday weekday that the festival is open and is also Ladies Shopping Day.
- Sweet Endings
- October 1st and 2nd
- Finish off the festival season by getting a fix for your sweet tooth, enjoy the fencing competition with the Annual Fencing Championships, and more.
Location and Ticket Information
The Michigan Renaissance Festival is located at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442. For ticket information, dog passes, group rates, and more, click here.
Source: Michigan Renaissance Festival