MSU Gives $1,500 Employee Recognition Bonus to Staff
The staff and faculty at MSU are in for a nice bonus this year.
In an announcement to the staff on Monday, December 13th, Michigan State University has stated that members of the MSU community will be receiving a $1,500 one-time recognition bonus. This is on top of some mid-year raises that the staff also received earlier this year.
Who will be receiving the one-time recognition bonus?
The Board of Trustees at Michigan State University has approved the bonuses for the following members of the MSU community that were hired on or before September 1st, 2021:
- Both regular and temporary faculty, academic staff, and support staff employees
- Research and post-doctoral fellows
- Graduate teaching and research assistants
Are there qualification requirements for the staff to receive the bonus?
Yes. Michigan State University staff members will only be eligible for the recognition bonus if they have complied with MSU COVID-19 protocols including:
- Completed the vaccine attestation form and are fully vaccinated
- Have begun a program of vaccination
- Have a pending or approved exemption request
- AND are registered for the Early Detection Program, if required to participate.
It is great to see companies giving back to their employees after the last couple of years. Unfortunately, that is not too common right now as many businesses are still recovering from the pandemic. I actually have several friends that will be receiving this bonus from Michigan State University. They are great people and I'm glad to see that they will get this bonus as I know several of them will really benefit from it.
Source: Michigan State University