CVS Health Adds New Drive-Thru COVID-19 Test Site in Frankenmuth
Residents in Frankenmuth that are looking to get tested for COVID-19 can now head to CVS.
The new COVID-19 drive-thru test site will open on Friday, June 26th in Frankenmuth. The new test site is located at the CVS Pharmacy on Main Street in Frankenmuth. The site will offer self-swab tests to those who meet the CDC criteria along with state and age criteria. Customers wanting to get tested need to pre-register for an appointment. You can sign up by clicking here.
To make an appointment for the test, follow these steps:
- Answer a few questions to see if you qualify for the test.
- Select a test site and available time and fill out the registration form.
- Bring proof of identity and in-state residence along with your test confirmation email or text.
- When you arrive, stay in your car and follow the instructions.
- Test results will be made available in 2-4 days on MyChart portal.
The qualifying questions cover any symptoms you may have had in the last 24 hours, your medical history, job history, and a few other things. Also, the test won't cost you a thing. It is free.
The tests used by CVS Health are PCR tests, which only test for active infections. These are not antibody tests, which check to see if a patient has been infected in the past. The tests are also administered in your car. You will be given a swab which you will then insert into your nostril to get the sample. For more information on testing and locations for CVS, click here.