Happy Birthday America!
Since this weekend is America's birthday I felt it was only right to pay respects and give an ode to our country on Thursday's Christine-ology.
Dear America, I can’t believe you’re 245-years-old. A lot has gone on in the last year, and while not everyone may be on board I believe that most Americans are good-hearted than not. Pride flags wave from coast to coast and people of different races, religions, genders, nationalities, and backgrounds have all come together to fight against injustices and stand up for human rights.
America, I think we are headed in the right direction. But for your birthday I wanted to list what makes you, you.
- The food we’ll eat on your birthday from hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, and the potato salad …that may or may not have been sitting out too long. We’re Americans let’s be honest we are definitely going back for seconds. & people wonder why we’re the most obese nation. ‘MERICA
- Our excessive pride in college sports, which has the ability to tear apart or unite a family, even if they’re Walmart Wolverines.
- America, the land of the free. Where we ask to #FreeBritney but instead we free Bill Cosby.
- America, where the motto is “the bigger, the better”, and I’m not just talking about Texas. Our food portions are bigger, our work hours are bigger, our debt, the sales, our hubris, the stress, our mental health, our waistlines… all bigger and we wear it like a badge of honor — that is if can fit into it.
- And finally, the American Dream where if you work really really really hard you too can/maybe/hopefully/probably not be a part of the 1%. Keep dreaming and keep paying those taxes, America.
& have a happy 4th of July!